WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
Services we offer include:
- breakfast and supper, 7 days a week
- clothing for the needy
- laundry facilities
- showers and baths
- warming shelter
- spiritual direction
Our services are free for all to access.
this website was donated by Image Video Services & Productions
The Mission of The Mission
We were founded in 1989 as a grass roots movement within Glad Tidings Tabernacle. Servants wished to bring hope and help to those in need in the downtown core of the City of Greater Sudbury. We have grown into our own self-governing corporation, but the mission remains the same: to provide food, shelter, counselling and comfort without judgment.
We are passionate about this mission because we were commanded to it by Jesus Christ. We believe that we must feed the body, provide safety, and offer comfort. In doing this we can bring people to a place where they can re-enter society and in turn give back to those in need.
My name is Irene Lajoie, I used your services when I was in a bad way, and I lived across the street at 247 Shaunessey. I thank you so much for feeding me and giving me a place to go when I felt lost. I live in Kitchener Ontario now with my daughter Madison. I have changed my life, I am clean off all drugs and plan to attend college this September for accounting. I met so many great friends there and I miss them dearly. I have never been to a Mission or soup kithen before I moved to Sudbury but I now know how important these places can be to people who need it. I thank you again and hope that everyone believes that things can and will get better, if you try.
25 JULY 2014
- Today - Mainly sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late this morning. High 24. UV index 8 or very high.
- Tonight - Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers overnight with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low 15.
- Saturday, 26 July - Showers with risk of a thunderstorm. Temperature steady near 18.
- Sunday, 27 July Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 14. High 20.